skip to main content skip to main menu

Properties & Rates
~ Ngā wehenga whenua me ngā take kaunihera


Water and Sewerage

Most rural properties have to provide for their own water supply and sewage disposal. This usually means rain water has to be collected in tanks or water has to be pumped from waterways or an underground bore. If water is already piped onto the property from elsewhere, find out where it comes from and check that there is an easement or permission that allows this to continue - even in summer dry periods.

Sewage disposal is often to a septic tank. Septic tanks need to be emptied periodically.

It may be that you will need to install a new water supply or sewage disposal system - especially if the property is bare land.

Check that any existing water supply and sewage disposal systems meet the required standards and actually work.

Rural landowners are responsible for the ongoing maintenance of water supply and sewage disposal systems - you'll need to know how to maintain pumps and clear blocked drains.

Related Documents

There are no documents related to this page.

Related Pages

There are no pages related to this page.

8 page views for the last 30 days

Share this page
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share by Email

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the Central Hawke's Bay District Council information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 887 8060 / Fax: +64 6 857 7179