Q. What is the last day for payment of rates?
- Instalment 1: 20 August, Instalment 2: 20 November, Instalment 3: 20 February, Instalment 4: 20 May.
Q. Can I pay my rates by direct debit?
- Yes, direct debit payments of rates is available. Pay my rates by direct debit.
Q. Can I pay my rates by Credit Card?
- Yes, but you can only pay by credit card on our website, and there is a transaction fee charged by our provider. You can pay by cash, EFTPOS or cheque at the council offices. Pay my rates by credit card
Q. Can I pay my rates by Automatic Payment?
- Yes, rates payments can be made by automatic payment. Pay my rates by automatic payment
Q. Can I pay my rates or other Council accounts at places other than the Council offices in Waipawa?
- Yes you can pay rates at the Waipukurau Library and Service Centre in Ruataniwha St.
Q. Can I make payments using Internet banking?
- Yes, but accurate details must be provided to ensure your payment is receipted to the correct account. Please put the word 'rates' in the particulars field. Your surname in the code field and your valuation no. in the reference field.
Q. What is the rating valuation of my property?
- You can use our online database to find out the latest information that we have on your property or you can contact the Rates Department. View rates & property database
Q. I have a rates assessment enquiry?
- Please phone our Rates team on +64 6 857 7738.
Q. Regional Council rates?
Recently you will have received your HB Regional Council rates statement.
Did you know that you can pay your Hawke's Bay Regional Council rates at our Waipawa office and also at the Waipukurau Library Service Centre?
The recent Rates statement has a section highlighted in yellow which mentions:
"From 1 July 2018 HBRC are collecting a single regional rate for Civil Defence Emergency Management. This represents 5.2% of the 2018/19 rates increase, your local Territory Authority (Council) should be reducing their rates to reflect this change". We would like to advise residents that the Civil Defence Emergency Management rate recently transferred to HBRC has already been reduced for your CHB District Council 2018/19 rates.