skip to main content skip to main menu

Planning & Resource Consents
~ Whakaritenga rori me ngā tono whakaaetanga rawa taiao

clipboard tick

Appeal Council's Decision

If you don't like the decision the council made about a resource consent application you can ask the Environment Court to overturn the council's decision. The court is made up of judges and commissioners and it reviews the case. You should get legal advice before you file an appeal. The process can be expensive and time consuming. You might be able to sort out your case in mediation and not have to go to court.

You should be aware though that only the applicant who made a submission on the resource consent application can appeal a council decision.

But there are other ways that you may be able to have your say in Court. Even if you don't file an appeal, and someone else does, you could still get involved either:

  • By appearing in Court as someone who made a submission, or
  • As someone who has an interest greater than the public generally, or
  • In support of the person who filed the appeal.

Related Documents

There are no documents related to this page.

1 page views for the last 30 days

Share this page
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share by Email

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the Central Hawke's Bay District Council information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 887 8060 / Fax: +64 6 857 7179