skip to main content skip to main menu

Building Consents & Information
~ Ngā tono me ngā pārongo hanga whare

clipbboard house

LIM (Land Information Memorandum)

A LIM report provides historical and current information held by the Central Hawke’s Bay District Council on properties throughout the Central Hawke’s Bay District.

A LIM is based on a search of Council records only. There may be other information relating to the land which is unknown to Council.  Council does not undertake any inspection of the land or any building on it for the purpose of preparing a Land Information Memorandum.

A LIM is usually requested prior to the purchase or sale of a property.

A LIM is issued under section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 2002 and contains all information known to Council relevant to the described land.

The applicant is solely responsible for ensuring that the described land is suitable for a particular purpose.  Any plans, aerial photographs or diagrams attached to the LIM are for illustrative purposes only and are not confirmation of the legal position of the boundaries, or any services on, the described land.

How do I apply?

There are two types of LIM applications available.  They are Residential/Rural, and Commercial. 

You can get an urgent LIM if you are applying for a Residential/Rural LIM.

Your application must be accompanied by a Certificate of Title. If you cannot supply a Certificate of Title, Council will supply one at a cost of $25.00. The $25.00 fee will be added to the cost of your LIM.

You can pay for your LIM online through either Internet Banking or by credit card through our Online General Debtor Payment page. You will need to submit your LIM first and then pay online using the LIM reference (provided after the application is submitted).

LIMs can be emailed if requested. A hard copy will be posted as well.

Online LIM Application (please note the loading symbol will remain on the application page whilst you are filling in the form)

The form is also available below or from the forms page.


Who do I call?

If you would like more information regarding your LIM application please contact Council

Related Pages

221 page views for the last 30 days

Share this page
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share by Email

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Central Hawke's Bay District Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Central Hawke's Bay District Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Central Hawke's Bay District Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the Central Hawke's Bay District Council information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Central Hawke's Bay District Council - / +64 6 887 8060 / Fax: +64 6 857 7179