Parks & Reserves in Central Hawke's Bay
Central Hawke's Bay District's range of recreational opportunities are derived from the natural environment, resources set aside for public enjoyment, and the efforts of private groups and individuals.
The Council also actively maintains the following parks and reserves:
Council Owned Parks & Reserves
A'Deane Park is situated at 2 Wallace Rd in Waipukurau.
A'Deane Park was gifted to the Waipukurau Borough Council in 1922 by Mr J B A'Deane of 'Ashcott" as a memorial to his late mother Mrs M.L. A'Deane. Mr A'Deane's idea was that the land could be used for public gardens and at a later date for a public building if required. In 2008 the park was upgraded with help from J B A'Deane's grand-daughter Ngaire A'Deane Tollemache Jackson and his great grand-children Alison & Ngaianne Jackson.
Nelly Jull Park is situated on Islington Drive behind the Waipawa Shops.
Nelly Jull Park was gifted to the town in 1935 by Albert Jull in memory of his wife Ellen Amelia (Nelly) who passed away in 1914. For Waipawa Township's 150th birthday in 2010 the park was upgraded with a new playground and a band rotunda.
Russell Park is situated on the corner of SH2 and River Terrace in Waipukurau.
Madge Hunter Park is situated on Harker St in Waipawa opposite the swimming pool
Russell Park is situated on River Tce in Waipukurau. A temporary skate ramp is currently in place and a new skatepark is under consultation as part of the redevelopment of Russell Park
Department of Conservation Reserves and Parks
|Ngapaeruru Scenic Reserve||Blackhead Reserve||Church St Cemetery|
|McLeans'Bush||Don Allan Reserve||Elsthorpe Scenic Reserve|
|Harker St Reserve||Hunter Park||Lindsay Bush Reserve|
|Loten Park||Mackie St Park||Inglis Bush Scenic Reserve|
|Ongaonga Picnic Area||Pioneer Corner||Post Office Corner Park|
|Harker St Rotary Reserve||St John Hall Gardens||Ruahine Forest Park|
|A'Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve||Monckton Scenic Reserve||Te Angiangi Marine Reserve|