The Central Hawke's Bay District Council maintains public toilets around the District. These facilities cover most popular beaches, sports parks and recreation areas. Those toilets in high-use areas are cleaned once a day by Council's Facilities Maintenance Contractor.
Public toilets are located in the following areas:
- Nellie Jull Park (Islington Street behind Waipawa Shops)
- Coronation Park (off Ruataniwha Street)
- Public Swimming Pool (off Harker Street)
- Cemetery (Cemetery Road, off Tikokino Road)
- Railway Esplanade (adjacent to the Railway Station)
- Russell Park (River Terrace)
- Russell Park (River Terrace) BMX Track
- A'Deane Park (2 Wallace Road)
- Post Office Corner (corner of Ruataniwha St and Porangahau Rd)
- Adjacent to Otane Hall (Higginson Street)
- Next to Onga Onga Museum (Bridge Street). The Public Toilets in Onga Onga were originally police cells.
- Corner of Sydney & Charlotte Streets
- Tikokino War Memorial Community Centre
- White Domain (41 Dundas Street)
- Southern end of Te Paerahi Beach (Beach Road)
- Blackhead Beach Camp (McHardy Place)
- Pourerere Road, situated on the right side of the road along the beachfront when heading towards the Pourerere Camping Ground. These conveniences include changing rooms.
- Kairakau Beach Foreshore, one at southern end and one at northern end.
- End of Gibraltar Road at the southern end of the beach