The Council consists of:
A mayor and 8 councillors are elected by the district to represent and work for the people of Central Hawke's Bay.
- Provides good services and infrastructure (such as roads, rubbish, water, waste etc).
- Grows our economy by developing jobs and attracting visitors and new residents to our area.
- Protects our green environment, making sure future generations get to use it and enjoy a clean, safe place to live.
- Works to make CHB safe for everyone to enjoy.
- Makes sure facilities and amenities are there for all - pathways, pools, sports facilities, halls, public spaces etc.
- Ensures sound financial decision-making to keep CHB one of the most 'affordable' districts to live in.
- Works in many ways with residents, individuals, groups and areas of the district, to discuss and consult on everyone's needs and aspirations for CHB.
Central Hawke's Bay District Council has over 50 employees who work to put the policies and aspirations of the Council and district into action.
- Chief Executive
- Regulatory Services
- Technical Services
- Finance & Administration Services
- Land Transport