The Council consists of:
A mayor and 8 councillors are elected by the district to represent and work for the people of Central Hawke's Bay.
- Provides good services and infrastructure (such as roads, rubbish, water, waste etc).
- Grows our economy by developing jobs and attracting visitors and new residents to our area.
- Protects our green environment, making sure future generations get to use it and enjoy a clean, safe place to live.
- Works to make CHB safe for everyone to enjoy.
- Makes sure facilities and amenities are there for all - pathways, pools, sports facilities, halls, public spaces etc.
- Ensures sound financial decision-making to keep CHB one of the most 'affordable' districts to live in.
- Works in many ways with residents, individuals, groups and areas of the district, to discuss and consult on everyone's needs and aspirations for CHB.