Central Hawke's Bay, earlier this year we came out to our communities and asked for your thoughts on the future of our District, we listened to what you said and we now want to know if we are going in the right direction.
We had an amazing response, and came away with lots of ideas.
The loudest feedback we got was about water, and how important it is to us.
And so #thebigwaterstory began.
#thebigwaterstory is about wastewater, drinking water and stormwater.
Whether it is the water we drink and eat with, the water we flush down the toilet, or the water we swim in the river with. Water is all around us and affects our every day lives.
To meet your expectations, we need to make a significant investment in wastewater, drinking water and stormwater over the next 10 years. But we want to hear your feedback on whether you think this is the right thing to do.
For full information please read our Story Boards.
How do we get involved?
Come and meet us and hear more about #thebigwaterstory
- 5th November – Council Pop Up @ the Otane Market 8am -12 noon
- 9th November – Council Pop Up @ the Atrium, Corner of Ruataniwha and Kitchener Street, Waipukurau 12 noon – 7pm
- 10th November – Council Pop Up @ the Atrium, Ruataniwha and Kitchener Street, Waipukurau 9am -3pm
- 11th November – Council Pop Up @ the A and P Show, Waipukurau 9am – 4pm
- 19th November - Feedback Closes
- November/December – Compilation of feedback
- February/March – Formal Consultation
- April – Hearings
- May – Adoption of Long Term Plan
We have created a postcard that was sent out to every household in the District in the CHB Mail on Monday 6th November. You can pop your post card in at the following locations around Central Hawke’s Bay:
- Otane General Store
- Onga Onga General Store
- Tikokino Country Hotel
- Takapau Foodmarket
- Porangahau Diary
- Waipawa Library
- CHB District Council – Waipawa Office
- Waipukurau Library and Service Centre.
Or you can take a photo of your completed feedback and post it onto our facebook page @CHBDistrictCouncil.
By using the hashtags #CHBDC, #thebigwaterstory. #togetherwethrive we can keep an eye on your comments and incorporate them into our considerations.
To have your say and keep up to date with future consultations fill out our online feedback form.
Organisations are welcome to be involved
We are planning to meet with community groups and organisations in the New Year to talk in more detail about the future of Central Hawke’s Bay. If you are keen to have the Council team come and meet with you and your group we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org