The District landfill at 806 Farm Rd in Waipukurau is only open to commercial operators, contractors and users with a landfill tag. It is not open to the public.
The landfill is open from Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 2.30pm, accessible only with a landfill tag. Users must allow enough time to ensure they vacate the site before closing time. Anyone wishing to gain access to the landfill outside of the operational hours must contact CHB District Council on 06-857-8060.
At the Landfill, all customers drive onto the weighbridge, use their tag in accordance with the instructions onsite, have their load weight recorded (will be invoiced accordingly) and self unload.
Landfill tags are available at the Waipukurau Library and Service Centre and at the Council offices in Waipawa. A Landfill tag application form must be completed and accompanied with a cash bond before a tag will be issued.
Terms and conditions of landfill tag:
- The completed application form must be accompanied by a $20.00 cash bond before a tag will be issued.
- The applicant agrees to pay all landfill charges for waste deposited while the tag is issued to you
- Council takes no responsiblity in the event that a tag is lost, stolen or misused. The applicant is responsible for payment of all charges charged against the tag.
- The tag is to be returned to Council within 24 hours, or the bond will be forfeited and the tag cancelled.
- Loss of the tag must be immediately reported to Council
- No waste will be accepted against the tag without the tag being presented
- The tag is not to be lent to any other persons or businesses
- All invoices to be paid by the 20th of the month
- Any debt collection costs will be added to the account
- Applicant is bound to comply with Council's Policies and Bylaws that are in force at any time
- All loads are to be self unloaded/unloading
- The applicant uses the landfill at thier own risk. Neither Council nor the landfill operators will be held responsible for any damage to vehicles and equipment on the site.
Any abuse of the conditions will result in a request for immediate return of the tag and the revocation of the tag holder's privileges.