Each candidate must be nominated on the official nomination paper available during normal office hours from the following places:
- By phoning toll free number 0800 666 921
- Central Hawke's Bay District Council's main office at 28-32 Ruataniwha St, Waipawa
- Waipukurau Library and Service Centre, Kitchener St, Waipukurau
- By phoning the Central Hawke's Bay District Council on (06) 857 8060
- On the website www.chbdc.govt.nz
Nomination papers are also available to download at the bottom of this page.
Completion of Nomination Paper
Each nomination paper must have the consent of the candidate and be nominated by two electors whose names appear on the Electoral Roll for the district or ward e.g. if a person wishes to stand for election to a ward, then that person must be nominated by two electors from the ward.
A candidate cannot nominate himself/herself.
Submitting the Nomination Documents
- Nomination documents for the Central Hawke's Bay District Council candidates must be lodged with the Deputy Electoral Officer at the Central Hawke's Bay District Council offices at 28-32 Ruataniwha St, Waipawa.
- Nomination documents must be submitted at the same time, i.e. nomination paper, candidate profile statement, photo and nomination deposit. A nomination will not be accepted if any componenets are missing.
- Each nomination paper lodged, requires a deposit of $200.00 (including GST).
- Payment of the nomination deposit can be made by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or online banking. Should a personal cheque or online banking transaction be dishonoured or declined, the nomination becomes invalid as the deposit has not lawfully be made. If this occurs after the close of nominations, then the nomination is invalid and the candidate will be withdrawn.
- Cheques are to be made payable to: Central Hawke's Bay District Council.
It is the responsiblility of the candidate to ensure all nomination documents are submitted together and that they are all correct.
The lodgement of nominations documents should not be left to the last minute.